In 2018, Luminar will be updated with a new image browser & digital asset manager for efficient image library organization and management. Photographers will be able to sort, rate, organize, and backup their photos, in addition to tapping the award-winning editing power of Luminar. The new digital asset management platform in Luminar will work without a subscription and will arrive as a free update to all Luminar 2018 users.
What’s new in Luminar 2018:
- NEW: RAW develop module that handles high-quality images faster and includes Lens Correction and Transform tools.
- NEW: Brand new streamlined user interface that speeds up working with presets, filters, and masks.
- NEW: Intelligent Sun Rays filter that recognizes objects and creates a natural yet impressive look.
- NEW: LUT Mapping (Look Up Tables)* delivers creative color, perfect black and white conversions, and digital films looks in seconds.
- NEW: Dodge & Burn filter is designed to selectively lighten or darken specific areas of an image.
- NEW: Brilliance and Warmth filter adds a rich tone and warmth, or can be used with negative values to cool down an image for a more subtle look.
- NEW: Matte Filter delivers a trendy vintage look with a silky matte finish.
- NEW: Hue Shift lets you roll the hue in a photo for subtle or dramatic changes. A little is perfect to eliminate unwanted color tints while a big adjustment is perfect for dramatic stylizing.
- NEW: Real-time noise removal that quickly fixes noisy (low-light) images.
- NEW: Support of 3rd party Adobe plugins
- NEW: Apple HEIF files support
- IMPROVED: Advanced masking with filters
- IMPROVED: Advanced Bi-Color Toning
- IMPROVED: Advanced Cross Processing
- IMPROVED: Advanced Image Radiance
- IMPROVED: Advanced Structure and Microstructure
- IMPROVED: Advanced Split Toning
* Workspaces, Clone & Stamp, blend modes for layers, luminosity masking, flip and rotate, as well as some other tools and features will be available in the Mac version at launch, and arrive in the PC version with free updates by the end of the year.
* Look-Up Table (LUT) – is mathematically precise way of taking specific RGB image values from a source image – and modifying them to new RGB values by changing the hue, saturation and brightness values of that source image. LUTs are used creatively to impose a specific ‘Look’ on a source image; tens of thousands are available from a variety of sources around the Internet.
- $49 upgrade for current Luminar users
- $59 for Luminar for Windows Beta testers
- $69 for new users
The Digital Asset Management platform will arrive in 2018 as a free update for all the users of Luminar 2018.
Visit https://macphun.com/luminar to order